Are you committed to eating healthy. Cook a healthy meal for 4 to 6 people every night for one week. Freeze the extras in one serving portions, in good freezer bags writing what is in the bag and the date. You will have enough variety and dinners for supper and lunch for a month. Be Creative.
One of my favourite recipes is roasted vegetables. I substitute and add ore veggies, I love beets, so I cut up a big beet or a few medium size beets. I also love butter cup squash so I usually add that plus I love cauliflower, so I add a medium cauliflower as well. I substitute coconut oil for olive oil so I melt the oil and let it cool off before adding to any recipe. Get Creative. I usually have a huge bowl of cut up vegetables and I cook them in a medium size casserole dish, there is often enough raw veg left over to cook them every few days so they are fresh.. I eat them for breakfast lunch and supper. Just remember the avocado sauce is good and I only put a tablespoon on my vegetables and mix it around that is very satisfying and filling. I eat the vegetables cold or hot on top of a bed of greens
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped 1 1lb butternut squash
1lb Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved 2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. black pepper 3 Tbsp.. of olive oil and mixed greens
1 avocado. 1 small garlic clove (more if you like) Juice of one lime 1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. of salt 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- Preheat over to 400 F/200 C
- In a large bowl, mix veg and herbs and oil ( I add 3 more tablespoons of oil because I use so many extra veg) I also add more oregano
- Bake in a casserole dish with lid off
- To make the dressing add all ingredients of avocado dressing into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve.