Pew research did a study of 10,000 American adults and they found that at this moment we are more polarized, we are more divided, than we ever have been in history.We are less likely to compromise which means were are NOT LISTENING TO ONE ANOTHER!
We make most our major decisions based on what we already believe. Again that means we are NO LISTENING TO EACH OTHER. On this podcast we are going over ten basic rules to teach you how to talk and listen and have great conversations.
- Be present, stop multi taxing . Have this conversation be the most important thing right now.
- Don’t Pontificate. Enter every conversation like you have something to learn . Set aside your personal opinion. Listen like you have something to learn.
- Use open ended questions. Who, what, where, when, why, how.
- Thoughts are like clouds they come and they go. Let your thoughts come and go and just listen. If you listen to your thoughts then you stop listening to what they are saying.
- If you don’t know something tell the truth and say you do not know.
- Don’t equate your experience with theirs. Listen. All experiences are individual.
- Try not to repeat your yourself.
- Don’t go into every little detail. People care about you. What are you like? What do you have in common?
- LISTEN! If your mouth is moving you are not listening. If you are talking you are not learning. It takes great effort and energy to listen. LISTEN WITH THE INTENT TO UNDERSTAND.
- Be interested, keep an open mind.BE PREPARED TO BE AMAZED. If you listen this way you will never be disappointed.
Conversational competence might be the single most overlooked skill we fail to learn and we fail to teach our children.
WATCH U TUBE CLAIRE MY last days (Unbelievable)
Go for it! I want on my grave stone she burned out instead of rusted out! What do you want them to say about you?
Ask yourself are your actions and speaking in alignment with what you are committed to? Look at what are the habitual patterns that have that commitment thwarted? Are you willing to take responsibility for when it doesn’t go that way you want or the way you expected and clean up your part? Are you willing to let go of Expectations of yourself and others? What are you not being truthful about to yourself and others.
Our thoughts can be like a junk drawer-we need to take inventory and get rid of what is not useful! (wendy b)
I want to personally hear about your dreams and goals. I will give you one amazing tip that will help you out. I will call people who let me know they left a five star rating for this podcast and provide their user name on iTunes, google plus, blubrry the podcast providers I use. Just hit the button subscribe to my podcast and rate it a number 5.!
Write me at Wendyb@thrivingatsixty.com
Anything that is said on this podcast and any before or after are from my views only.
Thanks for Listening!
Keep THRIVING! AND LETS GET YOU UNSTUCK!