- What you think of me is none of my business. I cannot please everyone. I will spend more time with myself than anyone else in my life time. So to have a stress free holiday I need to respect my values.
- Stay within your budget. If you have no extra money be creative. Make cards up and offer so many hrs of babysitting, Wash car, vacuum car, house clean so many hours. Be creative do not go into debt or spend money you can not afford.
- Its only one day.For me Its a day to celebrate Christs birth. Its opportunity to be generous with what you do have and share. Help others who are less fortunate.
- Remember have fun. Get the Christmas carols playing dance and play be silly, act like a happy kid.
- Reduce the amount of sugar. Use healthy sugar replacements. We want the kids to have fun and behave then we ply them with too much sugar and they start acting out and being cranky. Even adults behavior can go off and they become cranky with too much sugar.
- If you must give the kids sugar, give it to them early in the day so they can wind down and wear it off before bedtime.
- When you have small children do you really have to take them all over the place Christmas eve and day? Why not after Christmas when the excitement has died down a bit then take them to visit relatives, boxing day etc. Have people visit you or share the kids on zoom or Skype with loved ones
- . Lots of families are blended, compromise Whats best for the kids
- Delegate, don’t do everything yourself. Let others contribute. Make requests have everyone help and ask for support.
- Keep it simple over the holidays. Look for fun activities that are low costs or little costs to do. swimming, skating.. Community centers frequently have free ping pong, Play areas for kids. You can have pot luck suppers with games nights etc.
Go for it! I want on my grave stone she burned out instead of rusted out! What do you want them to say about you?
Ask yourself are your actions and speaking in alignment with what you are committed to? Look at what are the habitual patterns that have that commitment thwarted? Are you willing to take responsibility for when it doesn’t go that way you want or the way you expected and clean up your part? Are you willing to let go of Expectations of yourself and others? What are you not being truthful about to yourself and others.
Our thoughts can be like a junk drawer-we need to take inventory and get rid of what is not useful! (wendy b)
Write me at Wendyb@thrivingatsixty.com OR GO TO My Facebook Page Thrivingatsixty by Wendy B comment or share my page and you can get a complementary package that includes a 30 min “Get Unstuck Breakthrough” strategy session. During the session I will discuss the top 3 things that are holding you back and provide steps that will guide and direct you to move forward. Also there is a possible opportunity to be interviewed on one of my podcasts. Total Package VALUED at $997.00 COMPLIMENTARY. OR
Go to my Face book page ” Getting Unstuck with Wendy B”, comment or share my posts or videos and you will be eligible for a THE SAME complimentary package that includes a 30 min “Get Unstuck Breakthrough” Strategy Session. During this session I will discuss the top 3 things that are holding you back and provide steps that will guide and direct you to move forward. Also there is a possible opportunity to be interviewed on one of my podcasts. Total Package VALUED at $997.00 COMPLIMENTARY.
Anything that is said on this podcast and any before or after are from my views only.
Thanks for Listening!
Keep THRIVING! AND LETS GET YOU UNSTUCK!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download